“Do you understand what I have done for you?”

“Do you understand what I have done for you?” he asked them. A verse that stopped me while reading John 13 today.

Do you understand what I have done for you?
Well... do I really "understand" what He has done for me?

What has He done for me?
In its own context, the question was asked by Jesus to the disciples right after He has finished washing their feet. An act that carries out lots of much much deeper meanings..
But the question to me is "What has He done for you?"
Deliverance?
Renewal of nature?

Unconditional love?
Continuous care? Attention to details?
SACRIFICING?
Giving you HIMSELF?

Do you understand what He has done for you?
I need to "understand"...
This will cure the deepest pain in my heart, will correct the self-image I have, will drive away my sorrow and fear, will bring peace and joy to my weary heart.

Lord... give me understanding.. to the depth of the marvelous acts you have done to me, since the day I was born, and up to the day I

meet you face to face.

Comments