I am not the Christ!

Reading in John chapter 1, I came across this verse about John the baptist:
He did not fail to confess, but confessed freely, "I am not the Christ." (NIV)
He spoke openly and, remaining true to himself, admitted, "I am not the Messiah." (ISV)


"Did not fail to confess"? "remaining true to himself"? What's the big deal in this statment "I am not the Christ"
And it turned out that I, being placed in John's place sometimes, fail to make that simple yet deep confession "I am not the Christ"!!! I cannot play his role. It's way bigger than me.. I must confront myself with this truth, and live up to it! I have to stop acting as if I am the Christ!
I am only a light, not "the" light. 
I am only a proclaimer, not the savior. 
I am only preparing the way, not the way!


I am not the Saviour of the world!
I am not the one who is to set people free!
I am not the one on who's shoulder the burdens of people are carried!
I am not the one to deliver people from their sins or set them free!
I am not the one to open the blind's eyes, or to make the lame healed!


It's very tempting to live and deceive one's self that "I will be Christ to them"! But as a matter of fact, "I am not the Christ"!
You get tired, you get disappointed, you get soaked up, you get overwhelmed and burdened and weary... and you wonder why?! Here's the key: "You are not Christ"!
So, My self: stop acting as if you're the Christ!

Stop trying to save of the world, all I can is to ask him to save!
Stop acting as the one who is to set people free, all I can is to tell people about the one who can set them free!
You are not the one on who's shoulder the burdens of people are carried, and in fact I cannot carry their burdens with them either, I can help them take it to him only!
I am not the one to deliver people from their sins or set them free!, even if he talks to them with his words on my silly lips
I am not the one to open the blind's eyes, or to make the lame healed!, even if he does it with his spirit dwelling in my stupid body.

I
Am
Not
The
Christ....
Remember that!

Comments

Rober Adel said…
so true ya marian :)