Please send someone else!

"10 Moses said to the LORD, "O Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue."
11 The LORD said to him, "Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mute? Who gives him sight or makes him blind? Is it not I, the LORD ? 12 Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say."
13 But Moses said, "O Lord, please send someone else to do it."
14 Then the LORD's anger burned against Moses and he said, "What about your brother, Aaron the Levite? I know he can speak well. He is already on his way to meet you, and his heart will be glad when he sees you. 15 You shall speak to him and put words in his mouth; I will help both of you speak and will teach you what to do. 16 He will speak to the people for you, and it will be as if he were your mouth and as if you were God to him. 17 But take this staff in your hand so you can perform miraculous signs with it."


How many times have you been put in a situation where you felt so small, and felt that you won't be able to handle it on your own?

I have been in such a situation ALOT. So many times God asks me to do things.. and my reply is just like Moses's: "I have never been eloquent... please send someone elset to do it".

What I recently noticed in this passage is 2 things:
1) God's way of dealing with my low self-confidence:
First, God tried to convence Moses that he can do it with HIS help: " I will help you speak and will teach you what to say". When he puts me in a similar situation, I feel he's telling me: "Don't panic.. Am I not the former of heaven and earth.. the controler of everything.. I can grant you help and support you"..

Yet, we still are afraid. Just the same as Moses.. I tell him: "No..no.. you don't know.. I won't be able to do it.. send someone else"..

God knows our nature.. our weakness. He knew that Moses will feel more confident if he had another human besides him.
He said: "Ok, let me see.. You will feel safer if someone is- fakely- helping you out? I will grant you this. What about your brother Aron".
What Moses didn't notice is that God used Aron as an intermediate medium through which he will support Moses, while Moses is thinking that Aron's support is the one that's helping him out.

In fact, Aron was a temporary support. A stick that made Moses feel support, untill he got self-confidense.. and then God pulled that stick away without Moses noticing that.
Aron was present in the early days when Moses started his mission. He'd go with Moses and talk to the pharoh. He'd talk to the Israelities what God told Moses.. and so on. But that didn't last for a long time. If you consider Moses life, you'll find that later, Aron was gone from the scene. And the actor, speaker, and main star is now Mosese ALONE!!!

When I regard my life on earth till this very moment. I feel God sent me alot of "Aron"s into my life. People to give me support and confidence to carry out what God wanted me to do. They were only "temporary sticks" till I developed confidence.. then God pulled them out of the scene. Alot of things I previously felt that I cannot do it on my own.. and then God sent me someone to help. and now, I am doing it on my own...

2) Not trusting God makes him "angry":
Have you noticed this verse: "Then the LORD's anger burned against Moses"

I've been lately interested in knowing "What makes God Smiles" series by Rick Warren. It included things like: "God smiles when you use your abilities", "God smiles when you trust", "God smiles when you praise". I want to do anything that makes him smile :)
But I figured out that when I don't trust what he tells me about.. he gets angry!
Everytime I underestimate the power I can get from him.. he gets angry!
Everytime I feel afraid and panic even though he's telling me 'I will help you".. he gets angry!!
Everytime I look at the problems and feel they are big.. ignoring the tender voice of his saying "I am here".. he gets angry!!!

I think I drove him angry ALOT!!


Lord,
I thank you very much for understanding my weakness.. and being patient with me
I thank you for the so many people you sent to me to help..
I thank you for letting me realize this fact.. they're only temporary sticks.. till I learn how to walk on my own.

I'm also sorry if I drove you angry endless times with my low self-steem.. with ignoring your supportive words.. and with trusting human support more than yours :)

Help me lord... to understand your ways more and more :)

Comments