Who Sinned?


"As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. His disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?"
"Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life. As long as it is day, we must do the work of him who sent me. Night is coming, when no one can work. While I am in the world, I am the light of the world."
(John 9: 1-5)




Have you ever passed through some hard time? haven't you wonder like the disciples "who sinned?"

When we pass through some hard time, we humans tend to think one of 2 ways: we either blame God OR humans.

We sometimes say things like "God is not doing his job right"! or "God has forsaken me", or "God does not love me as much as he does with the rest of the people"... which is a wrong way of thinking, but it's not our focus now

We sometimes also think: "I am a failure... " or "If I haven't done so and so.." or "If only I exerted more effort" or even "If only this man did his job" or "If only I belong to a different family"

We tend to blame either "ourselves" or "others" for problems in our lives.

But God is telling me today: why haven't you ever consider that it might not be your fault, neither somebody else's fault, but "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in your life"

All I need is to calm down, and watch him glorifying by turning blindness into light, by changing problems into blessings... then my life would bring glory to him :) and his glory would be revealed in me :)


Lord,

I blame myself alot

I blame others for my problems alot too

help me to calm down lord.. to understand that this might have happened so that the work of God is displayed in my life...

Amaze me lord by the things you can do in my life :)


Amen..

Comments