The miraculous signs and wonders that the Most High God has performed for me

Guys,
I want to share something with you…

I was reading today in Daniel 4 and I came across this part at the beginning of the chapter:

It is my pleasure to tell you about the miraculous signs and wonders that the Most High God has performed for me.
How great are his signs, 
how mighty his wonders! 
His kingdom is an eternal kingdom; 
his dominion endures from generation to generation
.”
I paused and thought like “Oh God, I wish you do one new miraculous deed with me, or perform a wonder that will boast my inner self and give me peace and joy… “
“If only you would do this to me today, I’d be able to sing and praise.”
I have actually been not so high these past days, due to the wedding preparations and stuff. I was starting to feel running out of energy, out of mood, and honestly: out of grace and blessings. Tough times, you all know it one way or the other, right?
Stressful days usually show me some weak parts of me, some places and areas that need fixation and healing.. You know what I mean!
So, when reading this passage above I was like “yeah…
miraculous signs and wonders!!!, this is exactly what I need.”

Then I paused and read the beginning of the paragraph  again, and I realized it was not Danial -the godly prophet and visions interpreter- who said these words. It was rather the King Nebuchadnezzar!
Ok, God must have done great deeds of mercy and blessings to him that he knew the living God, and praised him with such deep words “How great are his signs, 
how mighty his wonders! “
 


Excited to know the rest of the chapter, I continued reading.. eager to know the story of what God did with him.
And Guess what! The chapter talks about the story of God putting Nebuchadnezzar out of kingdom, taking away his rule, in a way that made Nebuchadnezzar end up
 driven away from people and ate grass like the ox. His body was drenched with the dew of heaven until his hair grew like the feathers of an eagle and his nails like the claws of a bird.

wait a sec, I must have skipped a chapter, or flipped two pages instead of one. This can be by no means the chapter that starts with praising God. Nebuchadnezzar was not Hebrew, or a worshiper of God in the first place. So, I do not think that he has learned the concept of “praising God in the bad days”.

I continued reading, curious to know what were you praising God for, king?
As I continue, it was revealed that these bad days, and tough time that he’s been through, made the lord known to him (in a way that was not clearly described in the text- probably because no words can tell it). All what was mentioned is that  Seven times will pass by for you until you acknowledge that the Most High is sovereign over all kingdoms on earth and gives them to anyone he wishes.”
And indeed:  34 At the end of that time, I, Nebuchadnezzar, raised my eyes toward heaven, and my sanity was restored. Then I praised the Most High; I honored and glorified him who lives forever.
I prefer you read the chapter yourself and you’ll get what I mean.
Anyways, this message I received:
You are passing through some hard time, for some reason. Reasons differ from one person to the other: one could be stressed, one feeling lonely… one stripped from all what he/she used to love, or just having no reason for “Joy” or “Praising”. But believe me, this very reason that is causing you sorrow now, is the very reason that God will be made known to you, and this brings un-expressible joy!!!.
It is not necessarily that only good times and days that seem “blessed/prosperous” for you are the days that will make you experience God’s presence. You need to learn not to link this to that. You need to understand that tough times are some acts of love from God, miraculous signs and wonders, just as the blessings days are too…

 Nebuchadnezzar was driven away from people, his kingdom was taken away from him, his friends and companions abandoned him…
But this time was the time for him to know God, and to experience Him.

 34 At the end of that time, I, Nebuchadnezzar, raised my eyes toward heaven, and my sanity was restored. Then I praised the Most High; I honored and glorified him who lives forever.
   His dominion is an eternal dominion; 
   his kingdom endures from generation to generation.
 
35
 All the peoples of the earth 
   are regarded as nothing.
 
He does as he pleases
 
   with the powers of heaven
 
   and the peoples of the earth.
 
No one can hold back his hand
 
   or say to him: “What have you done?”
And don’t worry, it will all be restored to you…
The tough times will be gone, and the priceless experience of God will last..
 36 At the same time that my sanity was restored, my honor and splendor were returned to me for the glory of my kingdom. My advisers and nobles sought me out, and I was restored to my throne and became even greater than before. 
37 Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and exalt and glorify the King of heaven, because everything he does is right and all his ways are just. And those who walk in pride he is able to humble.

And now I, Marian, praise and exalt and glorify the King of heaven, because everything he does is right and all his ways are just. And those who walk in pride he is able to humble.

N.B: These tough times drove me to write back on the blog after months of not doing so! Indeed they drive you closer to Him ;) LOL!

Comments

اَلآيَاتُ وَالْعَجَائِبُ الَّتِي صَنَعَهَا مَعِي اللهُ الْعَلِيُّ، حَسُنَ عِنْدِي أَنْ أُخْبِرَ بِهَا.
3 آيَاتُهُ مَا أَعْظَمَهَا، وَعَجَائِبُهُ مَا أَقْوَاهَا! مَلَكُوتُهُ مَلَكُوتٌ أَبَدِيٌّ وَسُلْطَانُهُ إِلَى دَوْرٍ فَدَوْرٍ.