Surgery...


"Heal Me".... a prayer I have been praying for so long..
One day, I was praying; and some people came into my mind. People who weren't very pleasant to me.. but whom I considered to have been placed in my life by the upper hand of God: the "Pantocrator" (Controller of everything). Then I heard him saying: "You've always wanted to be healed, right?"
I answered "Yes!! my all-the-time prayer!"
He said: "Well, like a surgeon performing on a patient, I am carrying out my operation in you."

I could easily picture the scene of a surgeon operating on a patient who is helplessly lying on the table, with his  body cut open, and the surgeon at work. I started to see what He meant.

The surgeon, any surgeon, uses a set of tools to carry out the operation. Each of these tools is used by the surgeon's hands, for a different outcome on the patient. And God has been using some people in my life for the same thing:


The cutter: It is used to open a certain place in the patient's body. The place where the problem is: a tumor, an ulcer, an infection. Despite how cruel it seems (with all the cutting, blood and pain), the surgeon knows what he's doing. And in my life, God has placed some people who were sharp, cold, penetrating areas of my life that I did not want to be opened, hurting, cutting... but without them, the tumor of my inner soul would have been unreachable.

The anesthetic, the sterilizer, the bonding wire... all are tools -or more precisely people- that God uses while operating on you and me.
So, next time you're hurt and cut by someone... it's the cutter.
Next time you feel you are anesthetized and unable to feel or do anything... it's the anesthetizer.
Next time you feel someone is bringing you all together and closing the hurts of someone else...don't be puzzled or horrified from these people. In fact, congratulations! You're on the operations table. God is at work in you, and soon the greatest surgeon will finish his work and you'll be out of the hospital sound and well :)

Comments