What is LOVE?

I am starting to realize that I probably don't know what love is, or as a friend of mine suggested to me, "who" love is!

So, in the year 2011... I am hoping that I could grasp an idea about the true meaning of that deep, infinate, four letters word "LOVE". The word that St. John found none but it to describe who that great divine person of God is.

I am starting to explor the book entitled "The Four Loves" for C.S. Lewis. I believe God will use this book, along with a lot of other things in my life, to give me an insight about the true meaning of Love. May I be taught by the hand of Love, to be able to recive Love and to give Love! :)

I am sharing some quotes that I liked from the book, and will continue to do so while reading! And I pray that it brings a true revelation for me deep inside the soul, not only mental knowledge :)


"Love has not one, but many faces".
"There are risks that accompany the rewards of love".
"Hell is the only place outside of heaven where we can be safe from the dangers of love"

Comments

By the end of the year...
I am engaged to a perfectly caring and loving person.. through whom God is teaching me about "What love is" :)

Arms Open Wide by Misty Edwards is an amazing reply too! :)
This comment has been removed by the author.