So Much Like a Corpse

Reading Mark chapter 9... I came by the story of Jesus healing a boy possessed by an evil spirit. Something stopped me at this verse:
The boy looked so much like a corpse that many said, “He’s dead.”  (Mark 9:27)
Strange enough this verse describing the boy's state was not while he was possessed. It was right after Jesus has rebuked the evil spirit out of that boy. In verses 25 and 26 the story goes back as:

 When Jesus saw that a crowd was running to the scene, he rebuked the impure spirit. “You deaf and mute spirit,” he said, “I command you, come out of him and never enter him again.”
 26 The spirit shrieked, convulsed him violently and came out. The boy looked so much like a corpse that many said, “He’s dead.” (Mark 9:25-26)
To them, your previous state was better than the current one. At least you were alive, even if possessed an evil-possessed alive person. This was the case with the boy in that story. 
But thank God the corpse and death were not the end of the story. The scene is ended with this powerful verse:
But Jesus took him by the hand and lifted him to his feet, and he stood up. (Mark 9:28)

Do you feel now that you're "so much like a corpse"
Maybe people around you are shaking their heads in sorrow saying "S/he is dead"...
Maybe sometimes you feel "I was much better back then in the old days, when I had the impure spirit. I was doing better before I met Jesus..."
But I know, I am confident of this, that when he finish his work, when he takes you by the hand and lift you to your feet.. You'll stand up.. and you will be in the best shape!
Just wait for the story to be finished! :)

Comments

Rober Adel said…
Just wait for the story to be finished! :)