Surprise.. your gift is here! a snake :)



I have been lately praying for God and asking him to "use me" - The famous "Here I am, send me" verse. And asking him to show me his hands in my life, to make me understand the plans he's carrying out. And to use everything in my whole life: work, fun, friends, skills, time, love, effort and family relations, to use all of these for his glory.

Nice, huh?
Then the very same day I prayed, expecting "the mighty hand" to show at work, everything started to fall apart. Problems everywhere: at work, at home, at church.... And I was like "huh! Something is wrong!" Then I remembered the part I read from the bible earlier that morning:


"Once safely on shore, we found out that the island was called Malta. The islanders showed us unusual kindness. They built a fire and welcomed us all because it was raining and cold. Paul gathered a pile of brushwood and, as he put it on the fire, a viper, driven out by the heat, fastened itself on his hand." (Acts 28:1-3)

Ofcouse God wanted to use Paul. And God found no "advertising" mechanism for his servant more unique than a "viper". You got the point?

"The people expected him to swell up or suddenly fall dead, but after waiting a long time and seeing nothing unusual happen to him, they changed their minds and said he was a god. "

1- Paul was trying to help, and this is what he got out of it! and so many times when you try doing something good, helping out, it ends by something bad, or let us say something you least expected!

2- Paul was praying for God to use him. But God, instead of giving him grace in the eyes of the island and ship people, gave him a snake out of no-where.

3- People dramatically change: from considering Paul a "a murderer", to considering him "a god" in few hours!

Moral of the story: If you see a snake hanging from your hand, don't panic, don't blame God. For God is going to do miracles out of this. Just be cool, and wait for him to show his glory :)

Thanks God for the snake... show the miracle, and be glorified :)

Comments

Unknown said…
Amiiiiiin
I LIKE IT :)