Faithful

"Again, it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted his property to them. To one he gave five talents of money, to another two talents, and to another one talent, each according to his ability. Then he went on his journey..... " (Mathew 25:14-15)

Today, I went to family visitation service that I am part of. I haven't been to it for a couple of months, due to many reasons: busyness, fatigue and "it's not my call" excuse.
So, I went to service. And something inside me tells me to go to one of the families that I haven't been to for about 6 months. I went to them, sat down in the living area as used to. But some member of the family was missing. It was the grandmother. So, with a smiley face I asked the lady: "where is mama, how is she doing?". And the lady replied in a sad tone: "Mama... she passed away 5 months ago"!! And I was shocked!
I got this mixed feeling of sadness, guilt and embarrassment. Of course I wore the hat of a "servant" and told them words of condolences. But deep inside a voice talked to me: "See, we're running out of time, and you are still in your laziness".
Maybe because she's the first one of the people I serve who dies. But it made me think: she could have known much more about God if I was sincere enough. I did not deliver all of the message I was asked to deliver on behalf of Jesus for her. She was not yet transformed to the figure of Jesus before her time came. I could have helped, if I was faithful enough! :(
The voice inside me said: "If one is gone, you still have a lot here. Will you be faithful enough now with the rest of the sheep. Will you deliver my message.. my whole message.. before time is up. The count down is runnig... and here I am coming fast".
"His master replied, 'You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed? Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest. Take the talent from him and give it to the one who has the ten talents. For everyone who has will be given more, and he will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him. And throw that worthless servant outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth." (Mathew 25:26-30)
Guys, servants! It's not about going to service every weekend. It's not about attending or preparing a lesson to say. It's not about decent activities we do. These are real souls we're dealing with. People who are to meet with the person of Jesus Christ through the message we're entitled to deliver. These are real people, whom eternal life is dependent on what we're doing. The time is running, and count down on every soul's time here on earth is running.
Will we be faithful enough?!
The voice was loud inside me, and I couldn't help it not to raise the alarming flag...
"The word of the LORD came to me: "Son of man, speak to your countrymen and say to them: 'When I bring the sword against a land, and the people of the land choose one of their men and make him their watchman, and he sees the sword coming against the land and blows the trumpet to warn the people, then if anyone hears the trumpet but does not take warning and the sword comes and takes his life, his blood will be on his own head. Since he heard the sound of the trumpet but did not take warning, his blood will be on his own head. If he had taken warning, he would have saved himself. But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet to warn the people and the sword comes and takes the life of one of them, that man will be taken away because of his sin, but I will hold the watchman accountable for his blood.' (Ezekiel 33: 1-6)

Comments