Every Thought

"We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ" (2 Corinthians 10:5)

Thoughts....

What a small, yet powerful word!

Rick Warren once said "You're not what you think you are. What you think... you are"

Do I take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ?! Can I say with King David that all my thoughts are pleasent to God?!

It's not about "most of my thoughts" or "nearly all of my thoughts". It's "every thought" that this mind machine of mine produces!!!


It's all about my brian. I've been working with brians a lot lately. My graduation project "Brian Computer Interface" or BCI taught me a lot. Based on Aron T. Beck's book "Cognitive Therapy and the Emotional Disorders" there is two types of thoughts the brain produces:
  • Automatic thinking: brain produces around 5-10 thoughts per second (18000 to 36000 thoughts per hour!!!!). These are uncontrollable, fast and unintentional.

  • Intentional thinking: Logial and analytical, controlable.

I need to control both. To monitor this machine that automatically produces stuff! To watch the 36000 every hour. I guess I need super power to make this come true Lord!
I want to cativate these thoughts!!! I want to make them obedientto You!! Every Thougt!

Comments