Can you understand?

sometimes, you feel you cannot understand what's going on in your life. You feel that logically, things should not be going that way. You feel that according to the Good will of God, this should not be happening....... and you shout for explaination from God.

This passage from John 13 just poped out into my mind today:
"6He came to Simon Peter, who said to him, "Lord, are you going to wash my feet?"
7Jesus replied, "You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand."
8"No," said Peter, "you shall never wash my feet."

Jesus answered, "Unless I wash you, you have no part with me."
9"Then, Lord," Simon Peter replied, "not just my feet but my hands and my head as well!"


peter argueed, just the same as me and you. He did not understand, and did not feel what God was about to do could make any sense! and so much times I feel the same...

Yet, God did not give him explaination, and told him "later you'll understand"...

Peter presisted, and so dowe! Still, as long as I don't see the point, I keep saying NO to the will of God.
Jesus' answer was so strict: "accept my will, or you'll have no part with me"... "trust me, otherwise, we could not be together", that's how jesus replied!

I so many times think, If I were in peter's shoese, would I finally say "ok.. not just my feet, but my hands and my head as well"... "Ok, do whatever you want with me, I submit all myself to you"....
I am afraid that even with the last sentence that Jesus said, I am still not convenced enough to submit as Peter did!

Prayer,
Lord, I know you love me, and you spare me the best...
It's just my mind that I can't prevent from thinking and wondering
It's just my logic that cannot comprehend what's going on...
I hear your gentle voice telling me "you'll understand later"....
Help me submit to your will just as what peter did
Help me to be patient till your purpose is clear in me
It's not about me, as if you should do things my way
You alone are God and I surrender, to your ways
Amen


Comments