Don't leave the worm one more day

This is my lovely plant "Beauty for Ashes"...
It is our first plant -me and my lovely husband. And I named it so, because I felt it's a message that God is repaying me for all the past years, with this loving partner and new start. Yet, I am receiving even more messages through this plant as time goes by..

A week ago, I started to notice that the plant is fading. It is not as "flourishing" as it used to be. Day after day, even the leaves started to turn yellow, and flowers started to die even before they reach this pinkish color.

I first thought maybe I don't water it quite enough, or maybe it's the cold weather in the balcony, or maybe it's because of the cloudy weather that leaves it with no access to sunlight. Yet, one day as I was examining it, I saw two tiny nasty worms among its leaves!! actually "caterpillars". "What shall we do?" we wondered, asked google, tried making home insecticide, but I do not have the ingredients! Ok, tomorrow I will go buy insecticide, or "look for where can it be sold" in other words - welcome to Italy!

Next morning, I am setting.. considering the weather outside and the probability of finding a store that sell such things in a walking distance... I felt like "Ok.. maybe afternoon would be better, warmer, or let me do some more search online, maybe I can find a solution". Then looking at the plant again, I imagined the caterpillars now eating one more leaf, and thinking: "here is one more flower dying", "here is another branch destroyed", "there is this caterpillar laying her eggs in the coming hour...", and I jumped out of my chair to the bedroom to get dressed!

If you cannot stand the worm being in your plant and postponing killing it, how many other stuff are you "postponing"?
- "Getting rid of that nasty habit", or "Getting to help that fellow that Satan is eating his mind", or "Helping this community before more and more evil is laying its eggs there, and are about to hatch!"

Do not postpone "getting rid of the worms".. do not leave them for one more day, hour or even minute, knowing that they are currently at work, destroying and eating up..

Lesson learned! :)

Comments