Having a Busy Life? What horse are you riding?

I was too busy in the past couple of monthes. Busy life we have these days: work, church service, friends, course, counseling institute, family....Too busy that I had no time to set with Jesus :( Not even with myself!! I kept saying: "If only I could have a less intense schedule!!!".. But I just figured out that the fact was not about the tight schedule! It was about me wanting this type of life. Excusing myself with the "too many things to be done" excuse in order not to set with him!
Then I remembered what He once said to his people in Isaiah 30:

"This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says:

In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength,
but you would have none of it.
You said, ‘No, we will flee on horses.’
Therefore you will flee!
You said, ‘We will ride off on swift horses.’
Therefore your pursuers will be swift!"

Now I get it!! I was simply losing my salvation and strength!! Or letting satan take the two away, I dunno...
But no wonder that I am anxious , puzzled and weary most of the time.. not sad, but not happy as well!

In rest and quietness my salvation and my strength! WOW!
I could understand the importance of "repentance" and "trust"... but the other two just amazed me!
I now realize how the busy life is stealing me from me and from him!
The isralities did not want to wait, to rest, to stay quiet... And so am I !
I can make up a 1000 things to do, but when was the last time I decided to stay at home for a day, or a couple of hours!
Always the voices in my head: "Do this. Go to buy that. free? then call x, or ask about y.. Browse Facebook, go to the hairdresser, prepare the lesson for sunday school, or take your mum out to that grocery shop!"
I have a 1000 horse to flee swiftly on!
I now know why You gave them the sabbath commandment!

A busy life steals your salvation, your strength... and leaves you with a swift pursuers chacing you!
So, which horse are you riding now in this busy life of yours?

Lord,
Alarm me each time I try to flee on one of those horses I have!

Remind me always that "In repentance and rest is my salvation, in quietness and trust is my strength"
And give me the strength to resist the business thoughts and facilites that the world. society and myself are offering me!


Comments