It is not for you to know the times!


Today, we were doing this passage with girls at sunday school... and these two verses touched me. I felt I've read this chapter alot before, but this time.. something is different!

" So when they met together, they asked him, "Lord, are you at this time going to restore the kingdom to Israel?"
He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. 8But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."
(Acts 1:6-7)
God was talking to the disciples about the heavenly kingdom... about the glory.. about the resurrection. Yet, they had a problem in mind that kept their minds busy. They were over worried about the state of jews and romans and the lost kingdom. In fact their hearts and minds were over occupied with these questions that they couldn't help it not asking God.
What's amazing about Jesus's reaction is that he was not upset that they weren't following what he was saying. He did not yeal at them saying: "what are you talking about.. I'm talking about heavenly kingdom and you are still worried about such stupid stuff".Because he understands! He knows what it feels when you have an itching problem.
I felt I'm doing the same as the disciples :) My thinking is over-occupied with something that I am very eager to have it happening. In fact I've been asking God the same question about "Is this the time it's happening? when will I have it done?". And I felt he's telling me "Calm down, It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. Just focus on my kingdom for now"
Lord,
I love you
You're such a compassionate. passionate and tender God
I thank you for You know my weakness, you know that I'm human
and you fix those weaknesses by your healing hand.
Help me focus on your kingdom work.. and take my eyes off from my own desires. For it's not for me to know the times you've set :)
Amen

Comments