What If I Don't?!

" 1 The two angels arrived at Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gateway of the city. When he saw them, he got up to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground. 2 "My lords," he said, "please turn aside to your servant's house. You can wash your feet and spend the night and then go on your way early in the morning."
"No," they answered, "we will spend the night in the square."
3 But he insisted so strongly that they did go with him and entered his house. He prepared a meal for them, baking bread without yeast, and they ate." (Genesis 19:1-3)


This is what I'm talking about Jesus!
I have a part to be playing. You sent the angels to Lot for a purpose you had in mind. your plan was to save him and his family. Yet, your angels pretended to be spending the night in the square! Why was that?
Why did you pretend you were going to a further place when you was walking the two desciples after resurrection?
Why did you want to pass the desciples when you appeared to them walking on water?
You wanted them to "ACT" and to take a "ROLE", to be positive contributers in the plan, not only subjects, right?
and htis is what I'm afraid of...
I'm afraid I'm not a good postivie contributer. And I'm afraid that this hinders the plan you have in mind...

What made the people work according to the flow of your plan?
it was following what is "right" morally and religiously. It was the right thing for Lot, the disciples and others to do what they were doing.

But...
What if I don't do the part of the plan that you intended for me to do? will this hinder your plan? :(

Wow.. here is the answer!!! in verse 16:
"16 When he hesitated, the men grasped his hand and the hands of his wife and of his two daughters and led them safely out of the city, for the LORD was merciful to them."

When Lot hesitated in carrying out another part of the plan, the angels "grasped his hand and led him safely.. for the LORD was merciful to them"

it's because of God's mercy, that when I'm lazy, shy, or having any negative attitude that helds me back from carrying out my part.. God will not leave me! He'll grasp my hand and make me do it!

He might also grasp my attention as he did with Abimelech when he was going to take Sarah as a wife for him: "6 Then God said to him in the dream, "Yes, I know you did this with a clear conscience, and so I have kept you from sinning against me. That is why I did not let you touch her." (Genesis 20:6)

If I didn't do my part out of "ignorance", or with no bad intentions, God will not leave me! He will not leave his plan unachieved because of my ignorance!

Lord,
I thank you alot for you are a merciful Lord
I thank you that you've assigned me roles to do in the plan you drew for my life
And I thank you that even if i didn't do the role assigned for me out of ignorance, hesitation, laziness, shyness or any other reason, you would still not give up on me :)
Send me your word to open my eyes for what I'm missing...
Send forth your angels to grasp my hand and help me when I'm hesitated
Send your spirit to work in me and give me will and the power to do my role in your awesome plan :)

Amen

Comments