Everything is Possible

"Jesus asked the boy's father, "How long has he been like this?"
"From childhood," he answered. "It has often thrown him into fire or water to kill him. But if you can do anything, take pity on us and help us." " 'If you can'?" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for him who believes."
Immediately the boy's father exclaimed, "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!" (Mark 9:21-24)


How long have you been like that?
How long have you been Suffering?
How long have you been Unhappy?
How long have you been Trying to change? to heal? to overcome what you don't like?

It could be years, months, or days...

The father of that boy knew that he is having a problem. He's been living with it for so many years. Of course he's not happy with this, but he believes there is nothing in his hand that he can do. Maybe he tried to find a cure and faild. Maybe he's tired of seeking doctors and spending time. He feels it's no longer something in his capability to solve it!!

He's despirate, and I can feel what he felt. The frequent failures have led him to disappointment. He's though still having one last chance, who knows, maybe this man from Galeli can help.
He is:
1) Despirate: " if you can do anything"
2) Others dependant: he no longer believes there is something in his hand to do, it's all in the hands of Jesus now!

and strange enough, with only one statement, jesus answered this wiery man: "Everything is possible for him who believes."
1) Never give up, no matter how long it's been the case.
2) It's not "not in my hands anymore".. it's your role, your faith, your belief, is what can help. It's what can make God works too! :)

Lord, I have nothing to say except what that father said: "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!"

Comments